The Mask You Live In Nonprofit 60 Day Limited and Restricted Use License
WHAT IT IS:
License to screen the full-length film unlimited times to groups with 30 or less people during a 60-day period. This license costs $500.
WHO IT’S FOR:
Non-profits and community organizations that wish to hold screenings of the film with a variety of small groups in various locations.
WHAT YOU GET
- A DVD of the feature film on-loan for 60 days
- Our community screening guide to help facilitate the conversation
- List of additional resources
*International shipping may be subject to an additional $30 remote area surcharge. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Mask You Live In
This License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made by and between The Representation Project, a California corporation (“Licensor”) and and the Licensee named on the Order Confirmation (“Licensee”) to grant a Sixty (60) Day Use license for the limited, non-broadcast, public exhibition of the film The Mask You Live In (the “Film”) for 60 days.
In consideration of the payment of the license fee, the Licensor hereby grants to the Licensee, upon payment of such license fee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable license to publicly perform and publicly display the Film at the Screening(s), subject to the terms and conditions specified herein:
- Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be used only for the Screening(s) as set forth in this Agreement and for no other purpose.
- Licensee agrees that the Film will be exhibited at the Site only and only during the time period listed as the Screening date(s) above. Any additional exhibition times or dates, other than the listed above, shall be covered in a separate written agreement which shall set forth any additional license fees and terms.
- Licensee agrees that the Film may be exhibited at the Site for which the License was purchased only. Exhibition at additional locations is subject to the written permission of Licensor and any additional licensing fees and contract terms. Exhibition for larger audiences also requires additional licensing and contract terms. Licenses can be upgraded to include these broader public rights upon request and payment.
- Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be exhibited for Small Group instruction purposes only (not in a commercial theater) where all viewers, projector, or monitor(s) and playback unit are in the same room (“in-room use”). For the purposes of this Agreement “Small Group” is defined as fewer than 30 people.
- Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be reproduced, distributed, duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or otherwise made available, to any other person or entity, at any time or in any manner, other than as set forth in this Agreement. Duplication will only be allowed for format conversion, subtitling, or translation, and only with Licensor’s prior written approval. In the event of any such duplication, Licensee shall return the Film and all related content (including any format conversion, subtitling or translation) to Licensor as set forth below. Licensee hereby agrees to assign to Licensor the copyright to any duplication, conversion, subtitling or translation of the Film, and agrees to promptly execute all documents required to perfect such copyright assignment(s).
- Licensee agrees to never upload the Film to public sites or servers.
- Licensee agrees to return the Film and any related content to Licensor, to be received at the address indicated below, within twenty-one (21) days after the closing date listed above. Licensee agrees that, in the event the Film and related content is not promptly returned as set forth above, an additional fee of US $100.00 shall become due and payable by Licensee to Licensor. Payment of this additional fee will not result in Licensee acquiring any additional rights, title or interest in or to the Film.
Licensor makes no warranties, express, implied, or otherwise, and hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Film.
Except for the license granted hereunder, Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest, in and to the Film.
The terms of this Agreement are confidential. Licensee agrees not to disclose such terms to any third party, or use any such confidential information for any purpose without the prior written approval of Licensor.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements relating to such subject matter. Any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if made in writing and signed by both parties.
Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, WILL EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INCOME OR LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF THE PARTY SUFFERING SUCH DAMAGES, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH PARTY, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (I) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY LICENSEE TO LICENSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR (II) ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EITHER PARTY’S REMEDIES HEREUNDER ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.