Miss Representation Off-Campus Screening License for Schools
If you have already purchased the public performance rights license for your school and wish to host a screening off-campus, you may purchase a single-use screening license at a discounted rate.
WHAT IT IS:
This is a license for a one-time public performance of the film. This is for any screening outside of a private home that does not take place on the campus for which the public performance rights and curriculum were purchase. The license agreement is based on your screening date and venue. You are welcome to charge for admission, and we encourage you to bring in as broad of an audience as possible! You may wish to consider partnering with multiple organizations in your community to co-host an event.
WHO IT’S FOR:
A K-12 school or university who has purchased the public performance rights license and curriculum and is hosting an off-campus screening.
WHAT YOU GET
- 1 copy of the film on-loan (DVD, Blu-Ray, or DCP)
- 1 full-size movie poster (US only)
- 50 promotional postcards with “Take Action” steps
- Community Screening Planning and Discussion Guide
- Custom branded Eventbrite page and spot on our website calendar
- Press Release Template, Local Calendar Listing, Film Images and Logo, Customizable printable flyer
1. You are purchasing the license for one screening (or two screenings in one day at the same location).
2. You will receive media on-loan that must be returned by mail after your screening.
3. You agree to provide feedback after your screening to The Representation Project via a post-screening survey.
4. Before clicking "Add to Cart," you must provide your screening date and venue information.
Miss Representation Community Screening License
This License Agreement is made by and between the Representation Project, a California corporation (“Licensor”) and the Licensee named on the Order Confirmation to grant a single use license for the limited, non-broadcast, exhibition of the film(s) selected in the order at the venue location selected at checkout (or agreed to by Licensor in writing in the event that the original date or venue is changed).
In consideration of the payment of the license fee, plus shipping and handling, the Licensor hereby grants to the Licensee, upon payment of such license fee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, one-time, non-transferable license to publicly (or privately) perform and display the Film at the Screening(s), subject to the terms and conditions specified herein:
- DATE AND VENUE TERMS: Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be used only for the Screening(s) as set forth in this Agreement and for no other purpose. Licensee agrees that the Film will be exhibited for the Screening(s) only, and only on the Screening date and at the venue location selected at checkout (or agreed to by Licensor in the event that the original date or venue is changed). Licensee agrees that the film may be exhibited in up to two screenings at the screening venue and on the screening date, but that permission for additional exhibition dates or locations must be made to the Licensor in writing or by purchasing another license online, and will incur additional licensing fees.
- DELIVERY: Upon payment of the license fee, the Licensor will ensure Licensee has access to the Film(s) prior to the Screening. The Film(s) may be accessible either via digital file, DVD or Blu-Ray, subject to the Licensee's preference. to the Screening. The Film( other purpno case is ownership of the Film(s) copy transferred to the Licensee. All forms of delivery are solely on loan to the Licensee and must be returned in their original format to the Licensor as per the Media Return section of this agreement.
COPYRIGHT: Licensee is not granted with rights to the ownership of the copyrighted materials contained in the DVD, Blu-Ray or other media file of the selected Film.
Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be reproduced, distributed, duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or otherwise made available, to any other person or entity, at any time or in any manner, other than as set forth in this Agreement.
- Licensee will take all necessary steps to prevent the unauthorized recording and/or taping of the film by admittees to any screening conducted by licensee and will immediately notify The Representation Project of any unauthorized use of the film by third parties.
- Duplication will only be allowed for format conversion, subtitling, or translation, and only with Licensor’s prior written approval. In the event of any such duplication, Licensee shall return the Film and all related content (including any format conversion, subtitling or translation) to Licensor as set forth below. Only in the event that written approval has been granted, licensee hereby agrees to assign to Licensor the copyright to any duplication, conversion, subtitling or translation of the Film, and agrees to promptly execute all documents required to perfect such copyright assignment(s).
- Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be reproduced, distributed, duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or otherwise made available, to any other person or entity, at any time or in any manner, other than as set forth in this Agreement.
- MEDIA TESTING: Licensee agrees to test the Film on the projection equipment in advance of the Screening(s).
- MEDIA RETURN: Licensee agrees to return the Film and any related content to Licensor, to be received at the address indicated below, within twenty-one (21) days of the Screening(s). Licensee agrees that, in the event the Film and related content is not promptly returned as set forth above, an additional fee of US$100.00 shall become due and payable by Licensee to Licensor. Payment of this additional fee will not result in Licensee acquiring any additional rights, title or interest in or to the Film.
- REPORTING: Licensee agrees to report to The Representation Project the results of the screening by filling out a post-screening survey: location, approximate audience size and demographics, and any results from the screening as deemed appropriate by the Licensee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If the Licensee cancels the Screening after the license fee has been paid but before the Film has been delivered, then Licensor will issue a refund of the license fee less a 30% administrative fee. No cancellations will be honored and no refunds will be granted after the license fee has been paid AND the Film has been delivered.
- Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, WILL EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INCOME OR LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF THE PARTY SUFFERING SUCH DAMAGES, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH PARTY, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (I) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY LICENSEE TO LICENSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR (II) ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EITHER PARTY’S REMEDIES HEREUNDER ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- MISC: Licensor makes no warranties, express, implied, or otherwise, and hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Film. Except for the license granted hereunder, Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest, in and to the Film.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements relating to such subject matter. Any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if made in writing and signed by both parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first hereinabove stated.