Bundle: Miss Representation/The Mask You Live In Educational DVD and Internal Streaming License
What it is:
Educational DVDs and curricula for Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In for K-5th, middle and high school, college/university, or youth-serving nonprofit organizations. Includes unlimited rights to use the curricula, screen the films on one campus/site, and permission to upload the films from the DVDs to a secure, school specific-managed server for student/staff use.
Each license is site-specific - meaning screenings must take place only on the campus/site listed on the order.
Who it’s for: Colleges/universities, K-12 schools, summer camps, and youth
- The Mask You Live In educational DVD with the feature film (90 minutes), youth version (87 minutes), and supplemental video clips (2 DVD set)
- Miss Representation educational DVD with the feature film (88 minutes) and supplemental video clips
- The Mask You Live In curriculum for K-5th, middle and high school, college/university (PDF)
- Miss Representation curriculum for K-5th, middle and high school, college/university (PDF)
- License for public screening rights of both films in perpetuity
- The rights to host the films on your password-protected school server in perpetuity
10% discount off of the total.
*International shipping subject to a $30 surcharge.
Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In
This License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made by and between The Representation Project, a California corporation (“Licensor”) and the Licensee named on the Order Confirmation to grant a license for the limited, non-broadcast, public exhibition of the film Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In (the “Film”). This license does not expire.
In consideration of the payment of the purchase price, as indicated in the order confirmation or invoice, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee, upon payment of such license fee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable license to publicly perform and display the Film at the Screening(s), subject to the terms and conditions specified herein:
- Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be exhibited in a non-theatrical setting (not in a commercial theater) where all viewers, projector, or monitor(s) and playback unit are in the same room (“in-room use”).
- Licensee agrees that the Film may be exhibited on the campus, base, or library for which the License was purchased only. Exhibition at additional locations is subject to the written permission of Licensor and any additional licensing fees and contract terms.
- Licensee agrees that the server used for streaming purposes is secure and password protected by the Licensee.
- Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be reproduced, distributed, duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or otherwise made available, to any other person or entity, at any time or in any manner, other than as set forth in this Agreement. Authorized members of the library, school, or military community at Licensee’s location may be allowed limited lending privileges for private home use only. Duplication will only be allowed for format conversion, subtitling, or translation, and only with Licensor’s prior written approval. Licensee agrees to assign, and hereby does assign, to Licensor, the copyright to any duplication, conversion, subtitling or translation of the Film, and Licensor agrees to promptly execute all documents required to perfect such copyright assignment(s).
Licensor makes no warranties, express, implied, or otherwise, and hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Film.
Except for the license granted hereunder, Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest, in and to the Film.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements relating to such subject matter. Any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if made in writing and signed by both parties.
Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, WILL EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INCOME OR LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF THE PARTY SUFFERING SUCH DAMAGES, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH PARTY, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (I) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY LICENSEE TO LICENSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR (II) ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EITHER PARTY’S REMEDIES HEREUNDER ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first hereinabove stated.