BUNDLE 1: The Mask You Live In/Miss Representation Educational DVD: K-12 School Classroom License
What it is: The Mask You Live In and Miss Representation educational DVDs and curricula for K-12 schools and summer camps. Includes unlimited use of the curriculum and rights to show the films to a single classroom or small group at a time.Who it’s for: K-12 schools and summer camps
Who it's for: K-12 schools and summer camps
What you get:
- The Mask You Live In educational DVD with feature film, youth version, and supplemental video clips (2 DVD set)
- Miss Representation educational DVD with the feature film and supplemental video clips
- The Mask You Live In curriculum for K-5th, middle and high school, college/university (PDF)
- Miss Representation curriculum for K-5th, middle and high school, college/university (PDF)
- License for single-classroom use of both films in perpetuity
The K-12 classroom license is only available to K-12 schools and summer camps.
*International shipping may be subject to an additional $30 remote area surcharge. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In
This License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made by and between The Representation Project, a California corporation (“Licensor”) and the Licensee named on the Order Confirmation to grant a license for the limited, non-broadcast, public exhibition of the film Miss Representation and The Mask You Live In (the “Film”). This license does not expire.
In consideration of the payment of the purchase price, as indicated in the order confirmation or invoice, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee, upon payment of such license fee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable license to publicly perform and display the Film at the Screening(s), subject to the terms and conditions specified herein:
- Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be exhibited for classroom or Small Group instruction purposes only (not in a commercial theater) where all viewers, projector, or monitor(s) and playback unit are in the same room (“in-room use”). For the purposes of this Agreement “Small Group” is defined as fewer than 30 students.
- Licensee agrees that the Film may be exhibited on the campus, base, or library for which the License was purchased only. Exhibition at additional locations is subject to the written permission of Licensor and any additional licensing fees and contract terms. Exhibition for larger audiences (school-wide or non-student) also requires additional licensing and contract terms. Licenses can be upgraded to include these broader public rights upon request and payment.
- Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be reproduced, distributed, duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or otherwise made available, to any other person or entity, at any time or in any manner, other than as set forth in this Agreement. Authorized members of the library, school, or military community at Licensee’s location may be allowed limited lending privileges for private home use only. Duplication will only be allowed for format conversion, subtitling, or translation, and only with Licensor’s prior written approval. Licensee agrees to assign, and hereby does assign, to Licensor, the copyright to any duplication, conversion, subtitling or translation of the Film, and Licensor agrees to promptly execute all documents required to perfect such copyright assignment(s).
- Licensee shall exhibit the Film in its entirety only. Licensee shall not cut or alter the Film. In no event shall the Film be exhibited without the complete copyright notices and/or credits contained therein.
Licensor makes no warranties, express, implied, or otherwise, and hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Film.
Except for the license granted hereunder, Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest, in and to the Film.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements relating to such subject matter. Any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if made in writing and signed by both parties.
Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, WILL EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INCOME OR LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF THE PARTY SUFFERING SUCH DAMAGES, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH PARTY, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (I) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY LICENSEE TO LICENSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR (II) ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EITHER PARTY’S REMEDIES HEREUNDER ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first hereinabove stated.